There are many reasons why your computer might be running slow. It could be that your hard drive is getting too full. You could have a virus, spyware or adware installed on it that is causing it to be slow. If you use a lot of graphic intensive programs like games and photo editing programs you may need a better graphics card. So improving the speed of your PC may not be confined to just one thing or another. But there are some standard things that will make most computers run better.
The first thing you need to do is to see how much space you have on your hard drive. If it is almost full you need to get rid of some stuff. Try to find any duplicate files that are on your disk drive and remove them. If there are any programs you no longer use then you need to un-install them.
After removing all unnecessary files and programs you can run the Disk Defragmenter tool that Microsoft provides. This will re-organize your hard drive placing everything back together in one area of the drive. When your files are organized in this way it is easier for your computer to find them and it will run faster.
It is possible that you need to add some RAM or upgrade your computers graphics card. If either of these is insufficient it will cause your computer to perform poorly.
There is not one sure method that will solve all computers slowness issues but if you take a hard look at your specific issues and follow some basic routine maintenance steps you can get your computer running faster again.
Speed Up My PC Searches:
- how to improve graphics on pc by regedit
- graphic software to improve graphics performance of my PC
- disable things to improve graphic speed
- will a graphics card improve pc performance in photo editing
- improve pc graphic software
- how to improve computer graphics performance
- will video card improve pc
- will graphics card improve photo editing
- how to increase the graphic and speed performance ofyour pc#hl=tl
- "software to improve graphics performance"