Today most of the homes have computers installed for personal or official use. Sometimes it so happens that you have fallen in such a situation and you are unsuccessful in booting the operation system when you have switched on the power plug of your computer. This occurs due to the failure of booting the Microsoft Windows XP. You have repeatedly switched on and off the computer but to no avail. So now we are going to give you three simple and easy solutions as to how to fix the common Windows XP. You have to just follow our instructions without requiring any help or guidance from any computer expert or technician.
1. Use Windows Starting Disk to fix Windows XP start up Problem:
In case the start up problem is caused due to the broken booting record of activity partition or the files are damaged for starting the operation system, a start up disk can solve the problem.
To create a Windows XP boot disk:
You have to create a MS-DOS start up disk while trying to format a floppy disk as noted below:
*Diskette has to be placed in the Computer
*Open My Computer and right click A drive and click format
* In the format Window, check and create an MS-DOS starting disk
* Click start
When the diskette is created then do the following, so that you will be able to boot the diskette.
1. Place the diskette into the writ protect mode.
2. Then insert the diskette into the computer for the boot processing to begin.
3. Answer the queries as the computer is booting.
4. Tap at A> and take the necessary action depending on the situation of the computer.
5. Now re-start your computer once more
2. Use the last Know Good Configuration to boot the operation system which is the usual method to enter Windows XP. This is an option for the Windows to start up as the latest system setting is used for working correctly. Important settings will be saved in the registry automatically every time. You then switch of the computer and the Windows will shut down. Now all the previous modifications and changes which you had made before
Stands cancelled on the registry key code “Current Control set” which is being used to define hardware and drivers settings. The reason for using the Last Know Good Configuration is to change the current registry key by the former and your operating system will now work normally with the correct registry. Now you have to follow the system given below:
Press Ctrl+Alt+delete to restart your computer. When the words will appear on your screen “Please select the operating systems to start” Then press and hold the F5 key prior to the Windows logo appears. The arrow should be used to highlight Last Known Good Configuration on the advanced Boot Option and press ENTER
3. Use System restores to fix windows XP start up problem:
“Systems Restore” is another tool which can start the windows system. It helps PC users to recover system files, registrar keys, installed programmes etc. to the previous state in the event of failure and also checks if there is any changes in any important systems. It also restore if it finds any changes which has happened din every 24 hours automatically.
This is how you use the restore system:
Press Ctrl+Alt+delete to restart your PC. When the words appear on your screen “Please select the operating system to start”. The Press and hold the F8 Key before the Windows logo appears. Then on the advanced boot option screen, select the arrow key “Safe Mode’ and Press the “Start” button after entering the “Safe Mode” to choose all programmes, accessories, systems tools menu and then click Systems Restore. Then to start system restore click “Next”