When you are browsing the internet history is saved including temporary files and cookies. Removing these will not only free up space on the hard drive it will allow your system to run faster. To remove these items is easy by going into the Tools section of the browser and going to the General tab of Internet Options. Find Browsing History and click the box “delete browsing history on exit”. This will automatically remove history files from being saved on your system.
You can also improve how fast your system runs by compressing files and defragmenting the system. These processes will scan through your computer to analyze the space available. It will reorganize your programs and files in order allowing your system to run faster.
This process is easy to perform as well. However, realize that if you have a large hard drive full of data and are running the disk defragment process for the first time it may take several hours. To begin the process go to the My Computer icon and right click on the drive you want to defrag – usually the C: drive. Check the box “compress drive to save disk space” and then click on the “disk cleanup” icon. After doing this you can then choose “defragment now” being sure all programs are windows are closed.
Speed Up My PC Searches:
- running disc clean up causes computer to reboot
- how does removing internet history improve the performance of a computer?
- should i compress enhance speed
- how do i can speed my pc
- if I free up space on my c drive, will it run faster?
- Compress C drive to speed up computer
- will compressing the hard drive improve the wei
- will freeing up c drive space increase internet speed
- how to speed up opening programs
- does deleting browsing history free up disk space