If you are frustrated by a slow computer system then you should know that there are four things you can do that will improve its performance.
Begin by cleaning out temporary files and other items that are cluttering up the computers hard drive. You can use the MSCONFIG utility provided in the Windows operating system or there are third-party software that will help do this for you as well. This is especially helpful if your hard drive is beginning to become filled up.
Next defragment the hard drive. Files become fragmented over time causing your computer to have to work harder to open and write to them. This will cause noticeable delays and slowness. The Disk Defragmenter utility is provided to resolve all these issues.
Reboot your computer. As simple as this sounds it is a process that needs to be done routinely and will resolve most issues you are experience with your computer related to speed and efficiency. Rebooting will resolve excess memory issues and other contributing factors to a slow system.
Use a tool to clean the system registry. Over time as you add and remove programs and hardware information in the registry may be redundant or obsolete. This can cause problems that contribute to a slow computer along with other issues. When you eliminate these unnecessary entries in the registry you will restore your PC to optimal performance.
These four simple steps should result in a noticeable improvement in the performance of your computer.
Speed Up My PC Searches:
- things that help with computer memory performance
- bad sectors found on hard drive and stored in a folder how do i find the folder
- things to do to improve pc
- what four things make up a computer system?
- things which boost your computers speed
- what are four things that can make up an computer system
- four things that can cause the system to run slow and how can we resolve these.
- Four thing that make up a computer system
- four things to help with memory performance computer
- which things increase speed of computer